The Art of Conviviality: Tools for Shared Values and Communities
LATEST UPDATE 20 NOV 2017
- 1 FINAL seats left for both Susanne Bosch workshops
- Tan Biyun's workshop is at FULL
- Spaces still available for Jalyn Han's tour. Please RSVP
- 22 Nov Public Seminar is FREE. All are welcome!
- Art In Context: Learning From the Field Publication will be available for SALE from 21-23 Nov. $20 at launch ($25 UP) Preorder: firstname.lastname@example.org (Cash Payment only)
What makes for the spirit of reciprocal art-making in an age of fragmentation?
In a 3-day hands-on series of workshops and a seminar, we explore the topic of conviviality in participative and social art practices.
We hope this workshop and seminar will be useful for emerging and experienced artists from across all art forms interested in expanding their toolkit in the field of collaborative and social practice, as well as educators, activists, workers and thinkers engaged in community-based practice.
If you are interested in how creative engagement can nurture global citizenship and empathic action around local and global justice themes, this workshop is for you!
DAY 1 – WORKSHOP BY SUSANNE BOSCH
21 Nov 2017 (Tues)
10.30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
In an exclusive full-day workshop for the first time in Singapore, German artist Susanne Bosch offers a “convivialist toolbox” and experimental format of approaching a human, societal or globally urgent topic, that asks:
· What makes for the spirit of reciprocal art-making in an age of fragmentation?
· How can we apply this to our own creative context? When does value emerge?
· How can we build skills to bring others on a journey of transformation and growth as global citizens?
DAY 2 – PUBLIC SEMINAR + EXPERIENTIAL TOUR (FREE)
22 Nov 2017 (Wed)
Artist Susanne Bosch and Researcher/Curator Herman Bashiron Mendolicchio will host a public seminar featuring presentations and a conversation circle with local artists and practitioners.
After this event, there will be an artist-led experiential tour by theatre practitioner Jalyn Han. (Dependent on final participant numbers.)
- Wear comfortable clothing on all sessions as we’ll be moving around quite a bit.
- You are responsible for your own pacing of the physical movements during the workshop – listen to your body.
- Priority is given to registrations as places are limited.
More information to be announced soon.
DAY 2 is FREE and open to the public.
DAY 3 – WORKSHOP BY TAN BIYUN
23 Nov 2017 (Thurs)
Using the recent Save Sungei Road Campaign as a case study, Singaporean artist Tan Biyun takes participants into an immersive exhibition space.
Through practical exercises, participants will be exposed to various aspects, perspectives, and events from the Sungei Road campaign through text, images, sounds, video, activities that had been organised by different parties. The artist shares her own experiences as part of the event.
MORE INFO / FULL PROGRAMME | Follow us on Facebook
BUY TICKETS / TO SIGN UP |
Tickets are available online through Peatix.
Students enjoy a 50% off all workshop prices with proof of student identity at entry. Use coupon code "BRACK50"
For our facilitators' information, you will be asked to fill out a form via Peatix. Or email us with the subject line "2017 Conviviality Workshop", and provide the following details:
- Full Name
- Tell us a little about yourself and your Interests
- Contact Details (email and mobile no.)
Email for inquiries | email@example.com
- The event description was updated. Diff#296760 2017-11-20 16:45:18
[ Tue ] - [ Thu ]
10:30 AM - 5:00 PM SGT
- Singapore Art Museum
Day 1: Workshop with Suzanne Bosch SOLD OUT $80.00 Day 2: Public Seminar + Conversation Circle FULL Day 3: Workshop with Tan Biyun SOLD OUT $50.00 Days 1 and 3: Workshops with Suzanne Bosch and Tan Biyun SOLD OUT $100.00
- Venue Address
- Singapore Art Museum Glass Hall Singapore